Welcome to Ms. Fournier's Grade 3 class!

I am super excited to be learning and teaching along-side your student this year. My name is Jennifer Fournier. Now, a little bit about me. I have two fantastic children and quite a few fur babies. My son, Corbin, is going into grade 11 this year and my daughter Felicity, is starting grade 9. We have two sweet cats, a very vocal guinea pig, an energetic hamster and a feisty hedgehog. I have a huge soft spot for animals and we have begun fostering for the Calgary Humane Society. My teaching philosophy is centered around empathy. It is most important to me that your student feels safe, comfortable and loved at school. This is when students are most successful in their learning. 

Before I began my journey into teaching, I was, and still am, an illustrator. I have a degree in Visual Communications from ACAD. I illustrated for various magazines, a children’s book, posters and created a short-animated interstitial. I have always enjoyed being around children and creating spaces for them to be creative and play. I was a Calgary Reads tutor and briefly a lunchroom supervisor. I then decided to go back to school at the University of Calgary and get my Bachelor of Education. Now, I am happily teaching grade 3 at Royal Oak School for the second year. 

I believe in a strong connection between teachers and families for student engagement and success. As such, I encourage open communication and will strive to respond as soon as possible. Please email me at jvshimmonsfournier@cbe.ab.ca or call the school (403) 777-6279. I encourage you to subscribe and view our classroom blog at https://fourniergrade3.blogspot.com. It will be updated at the end of every week for Friday evening viewings.

Please bring your student to the compound where you will find all grade 3 teachers holding red signs. Class list posters will be available to help you find your teacher and class line-up. Please note that these are the grade 3 doors for the remainder of the year.


Your student will be in classroom 3.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Fournier

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning Plan for April 6 - 10